Saturday, April 2, 2011

PGR - USA Pvt Robert (Bob) Gallardo Veteran

Click on a pic twice to see it full sized, text is below the pic...

PGR was invited to attend a Celebration of Life and it was an honor to be there!  Thanks to the Gallardo family for the invite.

 We formed a line outside the service.  Eight members, 2 2-ups, and Ed, fourth one from the left, was our RC.  It was his second mission and he did a fine job.  We had two first time riders and I donated the Mission Accomplished pins off my vest to thank them for being here.

I believe the two new members are on the end of the lines, in front of you.  Mike "Air" was second in on the left and  Bunker was second in from the right.  Ed and his wife were in front of each line.

As I'm apt to say, they are all different, my record still holds!  Ed was  a family friend and we were invited inside to form a background flag line for the group.  I don't normally go inside, but today seemed special.

Little did I know it really was a celebration of life and one of the longest services I've attended and we were standing for about two hours.    Think we all needed to stretch our legs afterwards!  I came home and got 14 miles in on my cranky machine.  Felt good! 




I managed to get my camera out for a final shot of the group headed back to the scoots.  Nice showing for a very nice service.  Bob was very loved and it showed. 

He is now in God's Loving Arms and the entire group knew it.  

Many songs and words of thanks and memories.   It was a very special mission and indeed a great honor to be there!

1 comment:

mj said...

Thanks Cranky for the mission summery. Always great to see ya. Glad you were able to do some spinnin afterwards. So now im going to take a nap. 2 hrs. of standing can really take a toll on ya. hehe!
God bless Cranky.

Air.