Saturday, December 11, 2010

PGR - Wreaths Across America '10

Pics are from top to bottom, click on a pic for a larger pic and click again, text for a pic is under the pic.

We - PGR - have been doing this for for five years. The only one I missed was '09, and I was in Reno at DIL's graduation, all things have their priorities! GBG


I have slide shows of 06,
07
http://pgrblogseriesthru2008.blogspot.com/2009/04/pgr-alr-wreaths-across-america-ggnc-12.html

08
http://pgrblogseriesthru2008.blogspot.com/2009/04/pgr-wreaths-across-america-ggnc-san.html

The first one was a bit light in attendance and Rich B stepped up and took charge and did a fine job!

But there does seem to be a theme to these events... the weather! No rain, but I got fogged to death. Very wet, but I've come to expect it.


Just arriving, notice "weather", sigh


Our south San Jose and further group arriving. James B welcoming Rich M and wife on the right and next to them was Buzz B and wife ( I remembered one, not the other, sigh... Anita) on the left.


Things getting ready to start.


The flag is not normally full mast, it's 1/2 mast and rightfully so! But in looking back at my blogs, it's full mast for these ceremonies.


I think these folks are Civil Air Patrol.


The service flags being moved into position.


Folks that represent the various services standing tall! They all hung a wreath in honor! On the right is Debbie S and IIRC has always done the MIA/POW wreath. And on her right, for the AF folks, next over on the left is Chappie, representing the Merchant Marines. I hope I didn't mess up and if I did, please correct me and I'll fix the blog!!!


Exiting the honor position.


http://www.facebook.com/n/?photo.php&fbid=10150100415313834&set=a.10150100407553834.306137.570788833&mid=36e4901G42218888G211a7deG5&n_m=williamsnod%40gmail.com

A link to Facebook of me leaving...
There was a nice crowd to honor the event.

We had some Gold Star Parents there to visit their loved ones. God Bless you and hold them in your heart and love them, as God is Holding and Loving Them in His.

No comments: